Spiritual Care Series Workshop
Spiritual Care Series is an eight-part course designed to equip health professionals and volunteers with the skills necessary to help older people discover pathways to meaningful ageing.
Built upon the realization that while physical and mental health are essential to a person’s well-being, it is not enough. True, holistic care means understanding and supplying their spiritual needs as well.
Spiritual Care Series provides participants with everything from a realistic understanding of the ageing process, to practical techniques for re-connecting people with their pasts, and coping with the losses that come with the ageing journey.
This course is being offered by Rev. Matt Kitchener, CHAT committee member, Chaplain at Inglewood Care Centre in West Vancouver and former pastor with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Cost $100, which includes 16 hours of teaching, an online participants’ guidebook, access to resource videos during the course and a certificate of completion.
For more details or to sign up, contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session 1: Understanding the ageing journey (Mar 8)
- Session 2: Spirituality in ageing (Mar 15)
- Session 3: Good communication (Mar 22)
- Session 4: The power of story telling (Mar 29)
- Session 5: Dementia (Apr 5)
- Session 6: A new home and a new way of life (Apr 12)
- Session 7: Grief and loss, death and dying (Apr 19)
- Session 8: Roles, boundaries and self-care (Apr 26)